MEN’S GATHERING (Bible study)
We will continue with another Great Courses DVD presentation, “The History of the Bible: The Making of the New Testament Canon”. It is a 12-session course that will take us almost up to the end of the calendar year.
- Do you know the four “genres” of the books in the NT?
- Do you know which of the gospels contains no parables?
- Do you know the derivation of the term “gospel”?
- Do you know when the books were written, in what language and by whom?
- Which are the synoptic gospels? How were these books chosen to be in the Bible and how were they transmitted down through the ages (we have no “originals”) ?
These questions and many others will enlighten our knowledge of the NT and increase our understanding of why the NT in the words of the professor, Bart Ehrman, is “the bestseller of all time, but also as the most important book – or collection of books – in the history of the Western civilization.”
Tuesday mornings, beginning September 12
YOUNG MEN’S GROUP
This group does not meet over the Summer and will resume after Labor Day. Be sure to visit this site again to get the fall schedule.